Are approved by editorial council of the journal
April “05”, 2017
Rules of the direction, reviewing and publication of manuscripts
in the scientific journal “Vestnik universiteta”
To the publication the original works in Russian which aren’t violating copyright of the third parties are accepted. Authors bear responsibility for reliability of the data stated in articles and for translation quality of the text into English. At a reprint of materials the reference to the journal is obligatory.
Articles are available according to the license Creative Commons “Attribution” (“Attribution”) 4.0. world, according to which perhaps unlimited distribution and reproduction of these articles on any carriers on condition of instructions of the author and the reference to the initial publication of article in this journal according to rules of scientific citing.
1. General requirements
Article and the questionnaire of the author(s) are presented in the paper and electronic form (a disk, a flash store or an investment by e-mail) in department of scientific publishing and patent policy of Management of the organization of scientific activity. The name of the file of article has to contain a surname of all authors and the word “article”. The questionnaire on each author is submitted in the separate file, the name of the file of the questionnaire has to contain a surname of the author and the word “questionnaire”. The paper copy has to be signed by all authors. The recommended volume of article from 12 000 to 30 000 characters with spaces.
2. Execution of the manuscript
The electronic version is created in Microsoft Word and saved with the extension .rtf, .docx or .doc. The page format is A4 (book), the margins are 2 cm on all sides, the indentation is 1.25 cm, the alignment is by width, the line spacing is single. Pages should not be numbered. The use of subscript links is not allowed. Headset – Times New Roman, size – 11. All text should be black and typed with one headset and size.
There should be no SPECIAL SIGNS in the article files:
- forced transfer;
- an indissoluble gap;
- compulsory paragraph.
3. Requirements for the structure of the article (see Appendix 2)
Article published in the magazine has to consist of the following consistently located elements:
- index of the universal decimal classification (UDC) – at the left, a direct tracing;
- initials and surname of the author(s) – in the Russian and English languages, on the right, a semifat tracing;
- the name of article – in the Russian and English languages, lowercase letters, on the center a semifat tracing;
- the summary and keywords – in the Russian and English languages, italics;
- text of article;
Elements of article separate from each other in one empty line.
4. Requirements to the questionnaire of the author (Sample)
The separate file the questionnaire on each author which contains data is submitted:
- surname, name, middle name (without abbreviations);
- academic degree (without abbreviations);
- academic status;
- place of operation (complete official name of the organization);
- contact phone (working, cellular) – isn’t published in the journal;
- the e-mail address – is published in the journal;
- name of article;
- the postal address with an index if the log is sent by mail;
- the estimated section of log in which you want to publish article (we will try to consider your wishes, but edition reserves the right to make changes).
Because very large number of articles, including from students, undergraduates, graduate students, for decrease in load of reviewers comes to the editorial office of the magazine, the editorial office introduces the obligatory requirement: it is necessary to provide the original of the external review of article in edition.
Article goes for reviewing further internally only in the presence of the external positive review. Thanks for understanding.
6. Requirements to execution of articles
The index of the universal decimal classification (UDC) has to correspond to the declared subject.
The annotation reflects a subject and the purpose of work, methodology, the main results of a research, the field of their application, conclusions. Discrepancy between the Russian-language and English-language summary isn’t allowed. The summary shouldn’t exaggerate or contain material which is absent in the main part of the publication. Summary volume – from 60 to 100 words.
Keywords – the words bearing in the text the main semantic loading, 5–7 keywords. Keywords separate from each other a comma.
The main part of article has to be under construction according to the standards accepted in the international community: introduction (statement of a problem on a hot topic, the purpose and tasks, the accurate description of structure of article), the main part (the review of relevant scientific sources, the description of methodology, results of a research and their analysis), the conclusion (conclusions, the directions of further researches).
The bibliography represents the list with uniform numbering of the used literature, is provided according to requirements of GOST 7.1.-2003.
— The list of references has to contain bibliographic data on all publications mentioned in article and not contain instructions for works for which in the text there are no references.
— Russian-speaking sources, then, if are available, – foreign are given in the list in alphabetical order; it isn’t necessary to translate Russian-speaking sources into other languages.
— It isn’t necessary to break the list into categories of sources, numbering has to be uniform.
— References to acts are recommended to be made by means of the Konsultant-Plus system (in the section “reference”), surely specifying edition of the law which you used.
The bibliography has to contain not less than five scientific sources relating to the analyzed perspective.
It is allowed on more than 2 sources of self-citing.
References to the literature specified in the text are given in square brackets: , and if in the text there is a sending to several sources, then through a semicolon at once [1; 2].
In case of direct citing numbers of pages of a source, for example [1, p. 3].
All laws provided in the text, state programs, digital data have to have references to the source.
Application of interlinear references isn’t allowed.
7. Requirements to execution of drawings, tables and formulas
Drawings in article there has to be a minimum quantity. As illustrations no more than three drawings are accepted. All drawings have to be created by means of Word. Drawings have to be without fail grouped by means of Word (i.e. shouldn’t change when moving and formatting).
To the publication the drawings which aren’t going out of the printing area are accepted (i.e. fields) only in black-and-white scale, full-color illustrations aren’t allowed. Difficult drawings are duplicated by separate files in the .tiff, .tif or .jpg format (not less than 300 dpi).
In the text of article surely it is necessary to give the reference to the concrete drawing, for example (see fig. 2). The drawing has to be readable, legible and high quality.
Each drawing has to have serial number, the name and an explanation of values of all curves, figures, letters and other symbols placed under the drawing. Pictures with the accurate image, without spelling and punctuation errors in the text are accepted only.
Tables in article there have to be no more than three. Each table should be designated serial number. All tables have to have heading. All columns in tables have to have headings also. Reduction of words is allowed only according to requirements of state standard specifications 7.0.12-2011, 7.11-2004. Each parameter of the table has to have a unit of measure.
Simultaneous use of tables and schedules for a statement of the same results isn’t allowed.
Tables and drawings are numbered independently from each other, that is table 1, the figure 1.
Formulas are recruited in the Math Type editor. Numbering of formulas – through, the Arab figures, in parentheses. Number is aligned to the right of limit of the text. Numbering is carried out out of the editor of formulas as emergence of a formula in the text. The numbered formulas on which there have to be references in the text are taken out separately and settle down on the center of the text.
It is forbidden to use the option “Symbol” to put mathematical or any other character, a dash, quotes, etc.
In case of non-compliance with these rules edition has the right or to return material to the author on completion, or to refuse the publication of article. In case of refusal the motivated refusal based on results of reviewing goes to publications of article to the author.
The author agrees to reproduction of article on a grant basis on the Internet. Payment of the fee for publications isn’t provided.
At electronic correspondence with edition it is necessary to enter a surname, a name, a middle name without reductions and to specify a subject in the letter.
All articles in the “Vestnik Universiteta” are available according to the license Creative Commons “Attribution” (“Attribution”) 4.0. world, according to which perhaps unlimited distribution and reproduction of these articles on any carriers on condition of instructions of the author and the reference to the initial publication of article in this magazine according to rules of scientific citing.
Responsibility for the data presented in the edition is born by authors.
All articles undergo obligatory testing for plagiarism. Level of originality of article has to be not less than 80%. No more than 15% of self-citing are allowed.
9. The editorial policy of the journal forbids:
– Self-plagiarism. In case elements of the scientific article have been published earlier including in the “Vestnik Universiteta”, the author is obliged to refer to earlier published work. Literal copying of own works and their rephrasing isn’t allowed, they can be used only as a basis for new conclusions.
– Literal copying more than 10 percent of work of other person without indication of his authorship, the reference to the source and use of quotes.
– Incorrect rephrasing of the work of other person at which more than one offer within one paragraph or the section of the text have been changed or offers have been located in other order without the corresponding reference to the source. Essential incorrect rephrasing (more than 10 percent of original work) without reference to the source is equated to literal copying.
– Use of components of the work of other person without indication of authorship, for example, the paragraph, the drawing or the table without indication of the reference to the source or use of quotes.